10 June 2011

Saltaire Arts Trail

On bank holiday Monday I met up with Hayley and Adele from uni and we went to Saltaire to do the Arts Trail. It include a craft market as well as artists and designer makers selling their creations from open houses.

http://www.saltaireartstrail.co.uk/documents/SAT2011_Brochure.pdf

Saltaire is an interesting place because as well as being a unesco world heritage site there is the brilliant Salt mill which a gallery of works by David Hockney.  Visiting Saltaire is always inspirational, we spent lots of time browsing greeting cards and books in the Mill.

Three cards I thought were inspirational - two from the mill and one by Clare Caulfield


Butterfly by Norman Adams RA.  I love the simplicity and colour of the butterfly

Love birds by Allan Drummond

 Monmarte by Clare Caulfield.  Work created by print artists has inspired me to attend a print class at Peters.  I haven't done any collagraph printing for over two years and I think a session is well over due.